Looking to save some “thyme” and still put healthy food on the table? Become a member of Stokes Farm’s Produce Box Pickup program! Each week, we’ll prepare a specially selected box of fresh, seasonal, local produce just for you- all you need to do is pick it up! Have the kids in the back seat? Call us from the parking lot and we’ll bring the box to your car. Going to be out of town? Send a friend to pick up your box for you.
Each Produce Box is full of fresh Stokes Farm produce, along with locally sourced items like peaches, apples, and corn. Most items in your box will be grown on our farm. Other items will be from family farms within 75 miles of ours.
2020 Produce Box Pickup Program Information
- Our 2020 season will begin on May 28th and run through September 25th (18 weeks)
- Each box will contain a variety of in-season produce, including vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
- We will provide an electronic copy of our weekly recipe & information sheet to help you make the most of your box. Click here to see a sample recipe sheet.
- Boxes can be picked up Thursday from 10am-6pm at the farm
- If you cannot pick up your box, you can send a friend to pick it up for you. All boxes that are not claimed on Thursday are donated to Old Tappan Social Services to assist a local family in need.
- Enrolling in this program shows your commitment to local agriculture and we cannot accommodate substitutions or special requests. We are also unable to offer refunds once the program has begun.
Season Membership Options
Veggie Box – $575/season
- 18 week season
- Sample Veggie Box (August produce): 4 ears of corn, 1 head of lettuce, 2 pounds of yellow plum tomatoes, 2 pounds of peaches, 2 pounds of eggplant, one bunch of scallions, one bunch of thyme, one cucumber, one pound of green beans.
- Pickup at the farm on Thursdays
Produce Box FAQ
Is the produce organic?
-Our farm is not organic. We practice sustainable agriculture and do not spray pesticides. You can read more about our growing practices here.
Is there a work requirement to participate in the CSA?
– No, there is no work requirement.
Are there any “perks” to being a member?
-Yes! We will be announcing our special members-only classes, tours, and discounts later in the season.
What happens to the boxes that are not picked up on time?
-All unclaimed boxes are donated to Old Tappan Social Services.
Questions about the Produce Box? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org