Looking to save some “thyme” and still put healthy food on the table? Become a member of Stokes Farm’s Thyme Saver CSA program! Each week, we’ll prepare a specially selected box of fresh, seasonal, local produce just for you- all you need to do is pick it up! Have the kids in the back seat? Call us from the parking lot and we’ll bring the box to your car. Going to be out of town? Send a friend to pick up your box for you.
Each Thyme Saver Box is full of fresh Stokes Farm produce, along with locally sourced items like peaches, apples, and corn. Most items in your box will be grown on our farm. Other items will be from family farms within 75 miles of ours.
2017 Payments are due by June 12th.
2017 Thyme Saver Program
2017 Season Dates
- June 20-November 14 (Tuesday Pickup)
- June 21-November 15 (Wednesday Pickup)
- Each box will contain a variety of in-season produce, including vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
- We will provide an electronic copy of our weekly recipe & information sheet to help you make the most of your box. Click here to see a sample recipe sheet.
- Box pickup is on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 12 noon to 6:30pm ONLY at our Old Tappan farm stand. You must pick up your box on your assigned day.If you cannot pick up your box, you can send a friend to pick it up for you. All boxes that are not claimed on the appropriate day are donated to Old Tappan Social Services to assist a local family in need.
- Enrolling in this program shows your commitment to local agriculture and we cannot accommodate substitutions or special requests. We are also unable to offer refunds once the program has begun.
- Full Season Cost: $550
- Sample Large Box (August produce): 4 ears of corn, 1 head of lettuce, 2 pounds of yellow plum tomatoes, 2 pounds of peaches, 2 pounds of eggplant, one bunch of scallions, one bunch of thyme, one cucumber, one pound of green beans.
- Full Season Cost: $330
- Sample Small Box (August produce): 2 ears of corn, 1 head of lettuce, 1 pound of yellow plum tomatoes, 1 pound of peaches, 1 pound of eggplant, one bunch of scallions, one bunch of thyme, one cucumber
Interested in our CSA but can’t commit to the weekly pickup times? Is the small box too small or the large box too big? Then the Stokes Shareholder program is the one for you! The concept is easy – buy a $500 Stokes Farm gift card and we’ll tack on another $50- free!- to thank you for your commitment to our farm and for supporting local agriculture in Bergen County. Use the gift card throughout the season on fresh vegetables, fruit, eggs, pickles, baked goods, and more.
Join this program and get all of the “perks” of being a CSA member like our fabulous recipe compilations, access to CSA-member only events, and the option to buy that week’s CSA box.
Three Week Trial
Not sure if our CSA is right for you? Try us out for three weeks. After the three week trial is up, you can upgrade to become a full member. No commitment, just lots of great veggies and recipes! One trial membership per family, no other discounts or gift card offers apply.
- Large Box Trial (3 weeks) – $75
- Small Box Trial (3 weeks) – $45
Thyme Saver CSA FAQ
Is the produce organic?
-Our farm is not organic. We practice sustainable agriculture and do not spray pesticides. You can read more about our growing practices here.
Is there a work requirement to participate in the CSA?
– No, there is no work requirement.
Are there any “perks” to being a member?
-Yes! We will be announcing our special members-only classes, tours, and discounts later in the season.
What happens to the boxes that are not picked up on time?
-All unclaimed boxes are donated to Old Tappan Social Services.
Questions about the Thyme Saver Box? E-mail Jenny Binaghi, our CSA director.